How to trigger chatbot from website

Hi, I am a complete newbie so please forgive me.
I am using chat botpress on the free cloud system. I am looking for it to trigger when an order is placed ie, transaction id or email id. I assume I need to embed this chatbot into a page on the website?

The current server host does not allow this application to run on its servers. so I am experimenting with the link before spending time building a chatbot.

Can anyone help and advise how to embed the bot and how to setup a trigger?
thanks in advance

Hi @pantsman28,

Welcome to the Botpress community! :raised_hands:

To embed the chatbot on your website, please follow the documentation link here.

Now when building with Botpress cloud, we are responsible for the hosting. You simply have to publish the bot to your favourite channels!

The trigger part will be supported soon. It is a feature that is coming up! Stay tuned :rocket:

1 Like

I found the embed link and got that part working. Thanks

just to confirm there is no current method for an email or transaction id to trigger the start of the chatbot? Is this issue only relating to BotPress cloud or Botpress in general?

many thanks

Hi @pantsman28 ,

We are currently working on a feature named “Triggers” which will allow you to make the start talking based on a trigger.

But for the e-mail trigger, we currently support GMail, would that work for you?

1 Like

Hi, apologies for the delay in replying.

I have noticed a new update to botpress, does this cover the use of triggers?
Not sure how the GMail support would work, but with your guidance I am will to test this mechanism on the https://studio.botpress.cloud/ test bed I have currently working?
If you are able to assist?

Many thanks

No, the triggers are not released yet.
Your question was about a way to trigger the bot, an e-mail or a transaction ID. What did you have in mind when you mentioned e-mail?

I thought your use case is something like receiving an e-mail and you want the bot to reply back.

And, of course, I would like to assist. Just tell me your use case.