Auto start of the chatbot after opening the panel, when clicking the button

Hi:

I would like to know how to auto start the chatbot without first writing anything, I have been looking for a solution on the comunity, but I did not find any.

This is how it shows now after clicking on the button.

and this is what I would like to see without need to write “hola” or whatever.

Hey Andres!

We currently don’t have this functionality that we call “triggers”, but this is something that’s coming really soon to Botpress, so stay tuned :grin:

1 Like

Hi Louis:

So now it is normal to open in a blank panel?..

Well, I will continue to learn, but I have to wait to deploy it, because I intend to deploy some chatbots to some friends and it has to work as I expected.

Let us all know about this important feature of “triggers”.

Best regards.

Yes it is! Once you have your first conversation with your bot the history will be saved and it will not be blank anymore. We will let you know for sure once it’s deployed and available! :blush:

Correct… once I have had my first conversation it is there the next time I open it.

Pity now it does not tell you any message.

Waiting for the announcement.

I am with @Andres on this. It is such an important feature as most of the activity we plan for this needs that initial prompt / greeting / “message of the day” to be shown. As with the initial example given, some instances will really benefit from displaying specific cards with an initial message or prompt or question set to drive the conversation to specific topic / path

1 Like

@consulting I totally agree, but as @louis.moreau said, it is coming soon :metal:
I will make sure to tell the team to raise it’s urgency. I will also add feedback on it that we are looking to have it connected to a node for example in the flow, then you can add whatever you want in this node?

What do you think guys? @consulting @Andres

Dear @bassam.tantawi

It sounds very good, despite I do not quite follow you what do you mean with “I will also add feedback on it that we are looking to have it connected to a node for example in the flow, then you can add whatever you want in this node?”

I wish to learn a lot more about it, I wish I could find more examples.

Anyway, it’s great to have your support.

Hey @Andres ,

Currently, the feature is in development, I can notify the team that we want the trigger to start from a node, and then in the node you can add multiple contents. Instead of a normal message, you can have an image.

1 Like